**Some medical items require prior licensing due to Japanese regulations. Please contact us for details.
- Better shipping rates
- Translation services
- Establishing a Japanese business entity
- Listing your items on Amazon.co.jp
- Customer service for your Amazon.co.jp Merchant Fulfilled Orders
The following items must be inspected and import licenses must be acquired from the ministry Health, Labor and Welfare.
- Kitchen items
- Medical items
- Toys for children under 6 years of age
These items require extensive testing and inspection which are liable to the importer. It is against Japan’s importing regulations for a foreign company to utilize an importer to acquire import licenses and profit from sales using a third party (E.g. Amazon).
Amazon may even suggest selling certain items through Amazon, however, they are not fully aware of Japan’s importing regulations.
If you would like to sell these items in Japan, you will need an established Japanese company to be the importer (either your Japanese business entity or a Japanese company that will be liable for the import liabilities). However, it is still possible to sell and ship your items directly to the buyer in Japan as long as it does not exceed the individual usage amount per shipment/per item category. Any quantity exceeding the individual usage requires the above mentioned importing license and procedures.
Around the World Trading, Inc. can assist you with better shipping rates, translation services, establishing a Japanese business entity, listing your items on Amazon.co.jp, and customer service for your Amazon.co.jp Merchant Fulfilled Orders.
- Heroin, cocaine, MDMA, opium, cannabis, stimulants, psychotropic substances, and other narcotic drugs (excluding those designated by Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare Ordinance)
- Firearms (pistols, etc.), ammunition (bullets) thereof, and pistol parts
- Explosives (dynamite, gunpowder, etc.)
- Precursor materials for chemical weapons
- Germs which are likely to be used for bio-terrorism
- Counterfeit, altered, or imitation coins, paper money, bank notes, or securities, and forged credit cards
- Books, drawings, carvings, and any other article which may harm public safety or morals (obscene or immoral materials, e.g., pornography)
- Child pornography; and Articles which infringe upon intellectual property rights